Friday, January 30, 2009

Gettin' Ready, Gettin', Gettin' Ready

AHH! Hey Everyone,
So lots has been going on here. We spent last week handing out fliers for our ESL program all around Udine, mainly putting them in mailboxes, and leaving them in bars. So pray that we get a big response.
This week we also had our SEE staff retreat out in San Lorenzo, at SBI. It was a really fun time, where we talked about what our end goal is and not getting lost in the means. I got together with my ESL team, Bethany, Maureen, Becky and Sherry, and we talked about how our end goal is evangelizing and how our means is teaching english, and learning Italian, it was a really fun time.
This morning at 7am, Clare and my mom left for Florida. I got to say goodbye to them but I already miss them.
Well I dont have a lot of time, I'm a little sick, so I've got to get some sleep, but I just wanted to update you all on a little bit of news I just got, I applied for the Valencia Community College Nursing Progam for Fall 2009, I ended up having to go to a meeting the day I left for Italy. The meeting was at 10am and my flight was at 1pm, so there was a big debate about if I could go or not, and if I would have to leave early. Well our earlier flight ended up getting cancelled and we left at 5pm instead. So I got to go to the meeting, and had extra time, where I found out I could apply for the Nursing Program that very day which I did, well I got my LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE TODAY!!!!!!!! My dad just emailed me to let me know. I am SO EXCITED! And so amazed by God's sovereignty with our flights being changed so I could go to the meeting and find out that I could apply that day! :) Well I am so excited, and I wanted you all to know! :)
So I will talk to you all soon!
Love,
Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! I actually heard this news yesterday from your mom!! but very happy for you!! I hope you feel better!! Glad to have your mom back here too!! Miss ya!! Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you Alyssa and are so happy to have you! You are going to be great at ESL!

    ReplyDelete