Saturday, January 17, 2009

Udine!

So yesterday we had our first tour or Udine. We were able to sleep in (very exciting)! After that we bundled up and headed out...Clare, Hannah, Bethany and I all walked to the bus station, with our tickets (I didn't know where the ticket went and got a little confused). We took the bus into the center of Udine. It was very interesting, people stare at us because they know we are Americans. We walked around all over learning our way around the town, we stopped at one of the Walti's favorite hang-outs Sabrina and Luke's Bar, and I got an amazing coffee thing. We then met up with the rest of the Walti's and my mom, for lunch at Pizza Jolly. We then met up with some of the Walti's friends from Italy. I really miss everyone SO much back home, it's still not real to me that I'm going to be gone for so long. I'm really excited to get started with the ESL classes. But also really nervous. Whenever I've gone on missions trips I can always speak the language, here I'm kinda lost. I understand a lot of Italian but I'm not confident in speaking it. It's a bit of a challenge overcoming fear of man and just speaking the language (the only way I'll really learn). Please pray for me as I try to learn as much as I can, also, for homesickness. I know that the Lord has sent me here for a purpose and it's definitely not for me to be scared and fearful. Please pray that God would give me a boldness to step out of my comfort zone. There's a song on my blog called "I'm Letting Go" it talks about that very thing. Anyway...I'm so excited to be here! Love you all sooo much (in a non-awkward way) and miss you all.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there....you'll do great!! We're praying for you!! Miss ya too!! Love the E's

    ReplyDelete