Tuesday, March 31, 2009

More Birthdays...more amazing Italy :)

Hey Everyone!
It's been a while and things are SO busy. With classes ending at the end of April, things are getting crazy! But so amazingly fun and God is just SO good. :)
I think I mentioned the bible study I am helping with in Valvasone on Mondays. Maureen and I started a couple weeks back and yesterday we had our third meeting. With all three ladies still there...and one more came! It was SO exciting. Now if I haven't explained, these ladies are unbelievers, they don't read their Bibles and basically only believe Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. They don't think that the Old Testament is relevant at all. We decided to do this study on the book of Esther, and to my surprise, they had NEVER heard or read the story of Esther. In fact the Bible Stories I've grown up with are totally new to them. So we began the study, and now in our third week everyone is coming back, everyone is comfortable to share, really thinking about it and have asked to extend the Bible Study past 4 weeks!!! It's been amazing. God has been so good to use me to speak Italian words, I've never even heard before. haha! We are so excited! Maureen and I close the door as they leave and just begin to pray together, thanking God for His providence. He is SO good!!! Some of the ladies are so excited about it that they said, "I read the whole book I couldn't wait!!" (Because we are going chapter by chapter). And a friend of Maureens' in Florida is doing a Bible Study on Esther too and when we told the ladies in our study they got so excited, now the two groups are praying for eachother! Also, my Bible has like notes on the bottom, extra things, maps and such, and everytime I share something from there they are amazed that I have a Bible that gives explanations, or that these things really happened in history. We are watching the Bible become a reality to these women and it is such a privelege to watch! So please continue to pray for them!!! Mirella, Liliana, Mikela, and Clara, such sweet ladies who are very close to my heart!
Also just a note:
Last Saturday March 21st was my brother Georgie's 25th birthday. I just wanted to wish him a belated Happy Birthday and say How much I love him! :) He is the best older brother I could ever ask for. He has always been there for me, and I've loved getting to grow up with him to see him grow up from a Ghostbuster to a godly husband and now father. :) He's seriously one of my best friends and I miss Him SO MUCH! His love for music, and the way he uses the talents God has given him is so encouraging to me. I love you Georgie!
Second, today is Miss Hannah Marie Walti's 16th birthday! My little sister, for sure. I just have to say that seeing her today and talking to her today, how God is growing her to be a young woman with a heart after him. To see her maturity these last few months has been amazing. God is truly using her and working in her heart. :)
Well thats all for today! Love you all and miss you SO much!

1 comment:

  1. what a wonderful post. thanks for posting. I miss you so much it's ridiculous! I'm so excited for you guys and your bible study, that's so exciting. We'll definitely be praying. And, thank you for your sweet words about George. I will be sure he reads it. ;-) love you so much lady... take care of yourself, only 6 more weeks till we see you!

    ReplyDelete